Articles and Essays
Oddly, although I really do like writing, I am anything but prolific. Consequently, the listings below are few in number, old and none of them are ‘work related.’ That may change, but there’s a lot on my plate, so don’t await eagerly. The Ancient Articles Series is mostly from college days, the A Bit Newer Series are from, well, a bit after that. Lately... I just blog, which you can access below, if you’d like. People seem to like them. So, enjoy... and if my style fits your needs, I’d be happy to write for you.
The Very Latest Writings
Are at My Blog, What’s All This, Then?...
Ancient Articles Series
- Finding Bobby - Incident and Aftermath, another true story of a life-changing evening.
- Paula Sweetwater - Ace Engineer, a short story relating a young woman’s heroic adventure in space.
- Medicine Man’s Race Against Time, wherein Mr. Connery gives us an education as well as some enjoyment.
- Elevating the Art of Storytelling: Frank Capra’s Rare Achievement, a review of Mr. Smith Goes To Washington.
- The Restoration of Roundness. How to change a flat tire. Inspired by Russell Baker’s wonderful A Slice of Life.
- Driving To Silverstone. An essay describing a most pleasant drive in the English countryside.
- Some Effects of Military Secrecy. An essay on secrecy’s effect on our nation’s social and economic health.
A Bit Newer Stuff Series
- Could Man be from Mars?. A brief look at the possibility that humankind originates from elsewhere through a peek at earthly and space-based anomalies. This was published at the Book Of THoTH website.
- Return from the Fortean High Seas, a review of the INFO FortScape cruise of 2005, originally published on the High Strangeness blog in January 2006.
- Forteana? What The Heck Is That? My take on forteana’s significance and implications was published in edited form in FATE magazine’s September 2006 issue.
- Encounter With The Trickster, a true recounting of a very strange and mentally exhausting event. It was published in FATE magazine’s February 2006 issue.